Celebrate Frozen Yogurt Day Around Upper Moreland
There are plenty of places around town to grab a cup of the frosty treat.
Don't let the promise of a chilly Wednesday prevent you from enjoying National Frozen Yogurt Day. Stop in at your favorite self-serve shop and create a delicious dessert in honor of the special day.
There's been a boom in the frozen yogurt market, with dozens of stores opening in Bucks and Montgomery counties over the past year. The low-fat alternative to ice cream has proven to be a favorite choice in today's health-conscious environment. The added perk of self-serve yogurt and toppings has also helped the industry's popularity.
Just be careful with those toppings. There may be fewer calories in a bowl of frozen yogurt, but that advantage begins to slip away once you start shoveling on crunched up Kit Kat Bars or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
You can dip into your own cup at one of the following locations. Some shops offer special deals for today.
- Yogurtland, Willow Grove Mall, 2500 Moreland Rd., Willow Grove
- Hugs & Yogurt Café, 2840 Moreland Rd., Willow Grove
- Menchie’s, 872 W. Street Rd., Warminster (first 6 ounces free with this coupon)
- Go Bananas, 516A Second Street Pike, Upper Southampton (flat rates of $4 for small cups, $6 for large cups)
- Simply Twisted Frozen Yogurt, 587 Horsham Rd., Horsham (first 4 ounces free)
- YoFresh, 314 Horsham Rd., Horsham
Tell us your favorite yogurt and topping combinations in the comments!