County Launches Campaign Sign Recycling Program
Montgomery County is opening up drop-off locations for political signs following election day.
Just in time for the election, Montgomery County is reviving its campaign sign recycling program. According to a release issued by the county, last year's program collected nearly 8 tons of metal and plastic signs.
The Montgomery County Recycling office partners with ReCommunity Recycling, Sullivan’s Scrap Metals, Cougle’s Recycling and the Montgomery County Democratic and Republican committees to collect and recycle the signs, stakes and posts and encourages candidates and home owners to participate with multiple drop off points.
According to the county, the small corrugated and bag-type plastic lawn signs are recyclable, but should not be tossed into a standard curbside recycling bin. Metal stakes should also not be recycled curbside, but can be recovered at a scrap metal facility.
Following Election Day and through November 21, candidates and home owners will be able to drop off campaign signs at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Abington Township Highway Yard, 2201 Florey Ln., Abington
- Borough of Collegeville, 491 E. Main St. Collegeville
- Douglass Township Recycling Center, 108 Municipal Dr., Gilbertsville
- Lower Merion Transfer Station, 1300 N. Woodbine Ave. Penn Valley
- Lower Salford Township, 379 Main St., Harleysville,
- Montgomery Township Administration Building, 1001 Stump Rd., Montgomeryville
- Pennsburg Borough Garage, 76 W. 6th St., Pennsburg
- Upper Dublin Township Building, 801 Loch Alsh Ave., Fort Washington
- Whitemarsh Township Administration Building, 616 W. Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill
- Montgomery County Democratic Committee Headquarters, 21 E. Airy St., Norristown
- Montgomery County Republican Committee Headquarters, 314 E. Johnson Highway, Suite 200, Norristown
For more information on the county's campaign sign recycling program, visit the program's website or call Montgomery County Recycling Manager Chris Kaasmann at 610-278-3618.