Playoff Basketball, Performing Arts and More in Upper Moreland
Looking for something fun and local to do this weekend? Here is what's on tap.
Snow may be falling, but the winter "storm" is expected to subside by the end of the day Friday. If you are willing to brave the weather, here is what you can do around the neighborhood this weekend.
After a win over Pope John Paul II in the District Basketball Playoffs, the Upper Moreland Golden Bears will take on Susquehanna Township in the first round of the state tournament at 8 p.m. Friday. The game will be played at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School.
- Barnes & Noble in Willow Grove will host Storytime with the Adorable Georganne starting at 7 p.m.
- Local thespians will perform Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" at the Village Players of Hatboro starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12. The show will also run on Saturday at 8 p.m. as well.
- Need some exercise? The Bodyworx in Willow Grove will have "The Worx" class where you can get a complete body workout in this circuit type fitness class. Classes start on Sunday at 8 a.m.
- Pick-up basketball games will be played at the Calvary Presbyterian Church on Easton Road. Games begin at 2 p.m.
- Are you a hoarder? Do you like saving items but your house is cluttered because of it? Then attend "Making an Impact By De-Cluttering" at the Impact Thrift Store in Hatboro from noon to 1 p.m.
- Barnes & Noble in Willow Grove will hold a Writers' Coffeehouse at noon.