Upper Moreland-Willow Grove Patch is proud to present the artwork from Alex Pinguli's Digital Photography class at Upper Moreland High School.
The following students' artwork were selected from three of Pinguli's photography classes:
- Casey Plizak (12th grade)
- Kaela Brown (12th Grade)
- Michele Buthusiem (11th Grade)
- Taylor Goldberg (11th Grade)
- Danielle Perrelli (10th Grade)
The "Road to Nowhere" project - by Alex Pinguli:
"In this project students learned about how lines can be used to guide the eye of the viewer as they enter a photo and travel to the area of emphasis. Students were asked to locate a road, path, steps, etc., that seem to disappear into the distance. In order to create interesting compositions students utilized the rule of thirds.
- Rule of Thirds: A compositional rule that divides the image into nine equal parts. Compositional elements or subjects should be placed where these lines intersect called power points. Aligning your subject therefore with any of these points, instead of the middle, creates a more interesting composition."