Looking for a new recipe or just a new dessert?
Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse in Philadelphia sent out this recipe created by Pastry Chef Thomas Heck to share or entice you to come enjoy it at their location at 111 South 17th St.
Orange Olive Oil Cake
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cup Sifted Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- In a standing mixer, paddle your eggs, sugar, and extra virgin olive oil until light in color. Fold in your sifted dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter into your favorite baking mold. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until done.
- Serve with peach compote and blueberries, add your favorite gelato.
- Cake is best when served warm.