Apparently, dogs are much loved in the Upper Moreland area.
As readers had their chance to upload photos of their favorite four-legged companion for the first round of , we had the great opportunity of learning about some very beloved pets.
- There’s Gizmo, a people puppy, who wags her tail like a helicopter when folks come up to greet her.
- The adorable Rosa, an Italian Bolognese, whose family calls her the ‘White Rose.”
- Toby, whose adventures with birds and deer are renowned by visitors of Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust.
- Repo, who, only as a 7-week-old puppy, has already achieved his Canine Good Citizenship award.
- Jackson, another Border Collie/Rough Collie mix, who was living in a cramped city row home, now is able to enjoy the “countryside” catching Frisbees with wonton abandon.
It was also heartening to see so many owners having rescue pets:
- Pumpkin (a.k.a ‘Pookie’), a Corgi/Border Collie/Collie mix, who, at 19 years old was saved from a home with lots of yelling, and was glad to find a new home with happiness and peace.
The Upper Moreland – Willow Grove Patch Top Dog runner up, with 39 votes, is also a rescue pet, with a true rags to riches story:
Hi, my name is Kato and I am a purebred Keeshond. My parents found me wandering the streets shaved and all cut up after I escaped from my previous home where pitbulls were encouraged to beat up on me. I'm so happy my new parents found me. Now I lounge in the pool and kick back in the AC. The only thing I'm still scared of are thunderstorms and the camera. I'm sure happy to be inside when it's storming now though!
The winner of the local stage of this photo contest goes to Meeka with 50 votes:
Meeka is a purebred Siberian Husky. She loves spending time at the dog park. Meeka also knows how to say "I Love You." She is a very sweet dog!
Meeka will be heading to the regional finals of the Patch Top Dog Photo contest.
Congratulations to Meeka and to all the Patch readers for sharing your pet’s photos and their stories that make our tails wag!
To see all the Patch Top Dog local contestants, .