This is Fire Prevention Week and the Willow Grove Fire Co. wants to help keep you safe.Fire survivor, Heidi Paone, of Upper Moreland, will speak Thursday evening, as part the fire company’s open house.
Paone was frying chicken when "All of a sudden, there was a lot of smoke, and flames, and it exploded," she told Action News in January. She put water on the burns, thinking it would help, but the water actually spread the oil further.
Hear her story as part of the theme of this year’s fire prevention week, “Prevent Kitchen Fires.” Cooking is the No. 1 cause of home fire and home fire injuries in the United States, according the Willow Grove Fire Co.
The open house will also include information on handle a grease fire, a vehicle rescue demonstration, a fire extinguisher demo, a kids coloring contest and more.
Open House Information
- Willow Grove Fire Company
- 227 Davisville Road Willow Grove, PA 19090