Discarded ashes from a barbecue are to blame for a fire at 721 Chapel Hill West Lane in Horsham Sunday evening, Fire Marshal George Fida said.
The ashes from the barbecue grill were discarded in a paper bag and placed near the home's garage, Fida said. The hot ash and bag ignited, spreading flames to the vinyl siding and causing some minor damage to the home's family room.
No injuries to residents or firefighters were reported, Fida said.
A neighbor across the street reported the fire at 9:48 p.m. Shortly after 10 p.m., firefighters from , Fort Washington and several other companies had extinguished the blaze, Fida told Patch.
When disposing of , Fida suggested residents make sure the ash is fully extinguished and placed in a metal container.