.

Nursing Home Evacuated After Generator Causes Brush Fire

A fire at the Willow Ridge Center caused 80 residents to leave the building.

A brush fire caused by a generator outside of the Willow Ridge Center forced 80 residents to evacuate the building around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The Upper Moreland Police Department confirmed that a generator outside of the building caused a brush fire. According to the police, the fire was "never out of control" and residents were only outside "for a few short minutes" until the fire was under control.

According to the Breaking News Network, residents were moved nearby at Luther Park Personal Assistance until they were eventually let back in the building.

Shelly Wightman November 03, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Wrong information here.
Kaimilla Brown November 06, 2012 at 05:49 AM
Situations like this are very rare but, putting many people at risk. The maintenance should always take care on checking generators most specially in a nursing home and well populated area. -http://www.wisesales.com/

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »