According to the Upper Moreland Township website, there will be no trash/recycling pick up on Wednesday, July 4.
If your regular trash/recycling pick up day is Wednesday, your trash/recycling will be picked up on Monday, July 2.
Also, there will be no yard waste pick up on Monday, July 2. Yard waste pick up will resume on Monday, July 9, 2012.
Trash and Garbage Regulations
(From the Upper Moreland Public Works website)
- Containers should be at curbside by 6:30 a.m. on pick up day, no more than 12 hours prior to pick up, and must be removed no later than 12 hours after pick up.
- Containers may not be more than 50 lbs.; no larger than 50 gal. capacity. Containers must have removable lids and should be marked with the house numbers. Trash in boxes or drums is not permitted. Plastic bags must weight less than 20 lbs. each.
- Garbage MUST be drained and wrapped to delay decomposition.
- No organic yard waste may be placed out for regular trash pick up (see section entitled Yard Waste Regulations).
- Construction or demolition material such as plaster, dirt, concrete, bricks, wood, drywall, fencing, roofing materials, cement blocks, etc. will not be picked up. Proper disposal of these items are the responsibility of the owner.
- Tires, car parts, car batteries, will not be taken.
- Ashes must be cool and put out in plastic bags only (1 bag per week).
- Hazardous materials (oil-based paint cans, etc.) must be saved for a county-wide hazardous materials collection. For further information, call the Montgomery County Household Waste Collection Office at (610) 278-3618.
- Rugs and padding must be cut to 4 foot widths, then rolled and tied securely. Each section should weigh less than 20 lbs.. (limit 1 room per pick-up).
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a sealable plastic container such as a detegrent bottle or margarine tub. The sealed container can be placed in your normal household refuse for disposal
- DO NOT PUT OUT , POISONS, CAUSTICS, EXPLOSIVES, ETC.